Monday, August 08, 2005

Today, August 8, 2005

Rubbing...my eyes all day, just because I read a blog on "How to Become an Early Riser," so I set my alarm for 6am. I need to now read a blog on "How to Not Be a Night Owl the Night Before Becoming an Early Riser."

Napping...this afternoon with the baby. I wonder if that is cheating?

Missing...four chicken teenagers who have decided that they love freedom more than free food. They are scratching in the woods and won't join the others in the coop.

Wishing...that you wouldn't wonder if I tried to catch those four chicken teenagers. Yes, of course I did, but I didn't want to admit it since I was a sandy, muddy, sweaty mess when I tried, and failed, at catching them. And now you know.

Catching....chickens has to be one of the most horrible things to attempt on a 90 degree, high humidity day.

Letting... you know that Hillary, the annoying hen named after Mrs. Clinton, and the one many of you have written me about, is safely in the coop. We'd be just fine without her, she is like her namesake after all, but she never seems to go away ... just like her namesake.

Singing...Happy Birthday to our Britty, who turned 8 on Sunday, August 7th.

Thanking...God for sparing my life 8 years ago, when I had complications after bringing Brittany into the world. Honestly, the whole birthday party thing should have been for me! But I don't play with Polly Pockets and fake makeup, so I guess she can keep the gifts.

Sneaking...out the door with my friend Leisl who goaded me into canoeing with her - without telling our husband and kids who didn't notice us leave the house - after dark Saturday night.

Laughing...until I nearly cried when Leisl and I got only five feet away from shore and got too scared to go canoeing after all.

Trying...to get out of the canoe with tipping over. I.am.not.a.ballerina.

by Lori Seaborg

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You 2 were hilarious!! Thanks for the fun party!!