Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Today, August 2, 2005

In the Oven:
Peanut Butter Cookies

Sounds I'm Hearing:
Toby, the five-month-old Cocker Spaniel yelping at the vacuum cleaner, and the four kids yelping with him. Now, that's loud!

Sights I'm Enjoying:
Seeing my 12 teenage hens come home. They went missing for a couple of days, off on a woodland adventure, no doubt.

Smells I'm Smelling:
Thyme, picked from the terra cotta container it shares with aloe vera

Treasures I'm Finding:
13 eggs under the Holly Fern, after I chased "Hillary" (named after Mrs. Clinton because the hen is horribly annoying) off the nest

On the Nightstand:
"The Simple Faith of Mr. Rogers" by Amy Hollingsworth

In the Craft Basket:
Handmade Journals and Photo Albums I learned how to make recently from this program: Book Making

What Made Me Laugh Sunday:
Our kids performed Sunday night at church for their VBS program. As we were getting ready, I yelled to them that they were supposed to wear jeans and a red, white, or blue t-shirt as their "costume" for the program. On the drive to church, I suddenly noticed that Tim (dh) was also dressed in jeans and a red, white and blue t-shirt. He thought I was yelling to him to dress that way! Every time I looked at him that night, I got the giggles.

by Lori Seaborg

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

how hilarious!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Lori, you are so cool. I love these posts the most because the show the appreciation of lifes joys and what a wonderful life you are carving out. Thank you.

Peg said...

Okay - I love your hen's name! I love that you are growing Thyme and Aloe Vera. I love that you are always baking yummy things (I am assuming that you are, anyway.