Monday, August 29, 2005

Hurricane Katrina Landfall


Hurricane Katrina is our unwelcome guest this morning. I can hear her fury against our windows and brick walls. We feel safe, in our brick home in a valley. The winds are mostly in the tall trees above us.

Our power is flickering, so I better keep this short so that you'll get it.

Thought I'd send you a photo. You'll see my chickens in the photo. They were on our front porch, but when the wind became too strong for them there, they went to lower ground and are staying near the azalea bushes.

The river is in the photo, too. It's a tidal river, so the storm surge has already raised it a bit and will do more today. We expect it to flood quite a bit, which is why the chickens are loose.

I'm a weary soul this morning, so forgive me for not being more upbeat.

Lori Seaborg

3 comments:

Kate said...

I'm praying for everyones safety most of all, and for the power to stay on!
As G.H.W.Bush said - Stay the course!
Kate :)

Anonymous said...

You've had your share this year, dear daughter....this is the first one we have been here for and it is stressful and one does get weary!!
Hang in there....I am proud of YOU. We are going to go to the BEACH soon!!
Love

Anonymous said...

Lori, I am praying for you, your family & yall's home place. My hubby is in Mississippi going to a meeting tomorrow in Mobile, AL to begin disaster relief. He said that when it got to where the hotel he is staying in was at (at the time he was in Lousiana) that it was only at a 2 yet was powerful enough to even knock the coke machines over in the hallways. I hope and pray that your home place was missed and is doing well without flooding. *hugs* Cassidy