Thursday, January 19, 2006

Mary Jane's Ideabook, Cookbook, Lifebook

Well, it was finally time to remove the Christmas book that I had on the left column on this blog! I mean, how long after Christmas must you wait for me to update my blog? So sorry about that!

I've replaced the Christmas book with the book that I am currently reading, called Mary Jane's Ideabook, Cookbook, Lifebook. I like to be sure of a few things before buying a pricey book like this one:

Is it full of useful content?
Is it pretty to look at?
Is it big?
Yes to all of those regarding this book! It is full of useful content such as recipes and craft projects and many little reads that make my heart feel warm and fuzzy.

It is pretty to look at...no, make that breathtaking. Mary Jane's farm is in Moscow, Idaho, which is very near Gold Hill, Idaho, where my father grew up. I love to visit the family's homestead site, with the nearby one-room schoolhouse and tiny church. Mary Jane's photographs bring me back to Gold Hill each time I look at them.

And, yep, the book is big, with 416 pages of 8-1/2 by 11" paper.

I've only had the book for a few days but already I am loving it. It will make a wonderful gift for the women in my life who love the home and garden as I do.

by Lori Seaborg

No comments: