Thursday, December 09, 2004

What I've Wanted More Than Anything

Brittany, 7, asks tonight, "Mama, what have you always wanted more than anything?" She pauses for a moment, then inserts the answer she would choose: "A horse?" I don't answer her verbally. I just point at her.

"Me?" she asks, and yes, I can truly say that she is what I've always wanted more than anything, from the time I used to play with baby dolls until the time I married her Daddy.

I always wanted a firstborn son, and got that, I always wanted a little girl, and got that. Then, we wanted another boy and another girl, and we got those, too. We'd better stop wanting - we've got a houseful!

More than anything else, above riches and more land and goals met and even friends, I have wanted a family. A family in which I was loved by loveable people. I came from a family like that, so it was important to me to find it.

What a humbling thing to know that God has granted me what I have always wanted, more than anything.

1 comment:

Tonya Roberts said...

I always wanted one of those precious little girls too! Isn't God so good! So much to be thankful for...so many things to go to God in prayer about concerning that sweet and cherished little girl.