Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Today, July 6, 2005

 


Reading...blogs like a Blogaholic, a word that I'm sure will be in Webster's next year.


 


Wondering...if you knew there is a word for blogging too much:  blogorrhea


 


Chasing...two baby chicks round and round, through the woods, under the azaleas, over the cedar logs, under the crepe myrtles, over the chicken wire...for over a half hour last night, to rescue them from the Tropical Storm Cindy heading our way.


 


Saying...aloud, to 10-year-old son, "Let's just cook them when we catch them, for all the trouble they're causing us."


 


Hearing...10-year-old say, "Oh, Daddy and I always say, 'Let's just chop off their heads and be done with them.'"


 


Having...a word or to to say to the 10-year-old's Daddy , whom I did not know was threatening my chickens!  It's less scary when it comes out of my mouth, somehow. 


 


Catching...the offending chicks by releasing their mama, who gathered them within minutes.


 


Blowing...around in the yard, when I ventured out at 5am.   Tropical Storm Cindy was small, but a bit fiesty.


 


Preparing... for Hurricane Dennis who is headed our way this upcoming weekend. 


 


Admitting...that I love a good storm.


 


 


 


 


 


by Lori Seaborg

No comments: