Sunday, July 24, 2005

Making Pop-Ups

Heard in our House:

"Well, if nothing else, our kids will know art!" ~ me, to dh, as the kids and I are caught during "school hours" doing yet another art project.

This time, we were making Pop Up Cards, with these easy instructions.

Brenden (10) made an army guy and a Calvin (as in Calvin & Hobbes)

Brittany (7) made a frog

Stone (5) made something indescribable, and it makes weird noises when he opens and closes it (I think those noises came from his mouth, but don't let him know I'm onto him)

Tim (dh) and I were co-artists in making a fish (Tim said it started out as a flounder, then morphed into a rainbow trout. I say it's just a cute fish with big eyes and big lips). We put cardstock as a cover for our pop-up fish, and gave it to our cute little Bella (2). When you open that card, the fish mysteriously sings opera in Mama's voice. Curious!

If your kids are bored today, try these pop-ups! All you need are 2 pieces of paper, scissors (or rip it!), and some crayons.

by Lori Seaborg

2 comments:

weniki said...

What a great idea. That looks like fun. I'll have to try it with my kids!

Bill & Glory said...

This looks like something we need to do today! Thanks for the idea!

Glory