Saturday, July 16, 2005

Have You Had Your God Time Today?

(a re-post, from January 2005. With Tropical Storm Cindy on Tuesday, then Hurricane Dennis on Sunday, I slipped back into my old ways of not having God Time in the day.)

I have not been having my morning God time.

I've been frustrated for the past couple of weeks with the housework (it seems to be multiplying), with my fatigue (always tired), with the children (who are always needing things like meals and clean socks), with Tim (who needs clean jeans for work, how dare he), with writing (because I'm not doing it), with homeschooling (guilt consumes me here) and with the animals (who need food every day instead of when I randomly feel like giving it to them).

In short, I've been annoyed and frustrated.

I've found that if I start my day out with God time -- a consistent God time, a time that is scheduled as if Jesus were sitting in my rocking chair in the library, waiting for me to join Him -- then the rest of the day goes much smoother.

Things get done, jeans get clean, animals are enjoyed, the children are happier, dh gets spoiled, I am less tired because I am more scheduled, and I am less frustrated with all the Earth and every person in it.

Sure, trouble still comes, but it is more tolerable because of the time with God where Scriptures have been memorized, even accidentally, and praises have been sung.

Most amazing to me, the little annoyances almost disappear.

With a song in my heart and a verse in my head, I'm not as upset about things like sticky tables or playdough in the carpet. My eternal perspective improves.

Have you had your time with God today?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some people down here in Chile have their God time all the time by calling out in the middle of whatever they´re doing "Oh, SeƱor Jesus!" I guess that´s a good reminder for me, that God´s time IS my time and I just need to be reminded throughout the day.

Love ya. Mom and Dad are here now. I look forward to spending some time with them.

Stephen

Anonymous said...

WOW!

What an awesome article!

Lori, this is one thing that God has been instilling on my heart this whole week. There is truly a HUGE difference when we have that GOD TIME. :)

Love ya!
Cindy...who is challenged to step heavenward with you! ;)