Thursday, July 07, 2005

In Case Hurricane Dennis Comes...

Thought I'd wave to all my new friends, and let you know that unless I can sneak a quick blog in on Sunday morning, I likely won't be blogging for a few days. It's not wise to tell people you won't be around your blog, or they might forget about you (or so I read once, somewhere), but I'm taking the chance because I also need to request a little prayer from you all. Hurricane Dennis is a mean ol' fella and is heading straight for us, according to the latest projections. Of course, he may veer left or right, but even a side swipe by a Category 4 storm doesn't feel good.



Our area suffered from Hurricane Ivan on September 16, 2004, only 10 months ago. You can see below for a bit about that, at the end of the Frugal Emergency Preparations post. I'm in a rush, so can't stay here long enough to find the link for you.



We'll be fine, we always are in these storms, and we have weathered many....but still, they leave a scar or two, on the garden, on the riverbank, on the new coop, on the chickens, on our children, and even a litle on our souls.



When you watch the news, you may wonder exactly where we are. We're in between Pensacola, FL and Mobile, AL. Our town is Fairhope, AL and is on the Eastern Shore of Mobile Bay. It is just North of Gulf Shores, AL.



by Lori Seaborg

1 comment:

Pam said...

Praying for you, Lori, and my family in Southern Mississippi...post when you can...
Love,
Pam