Tuesday, March 15, 2005

The Van, Part II

(Read here for Part I of my van story)

"He works hard to give her all he thinks she wants."

Last night, Tim came back from Ohio with the van that we found on eBay to replace our wrecked one. I cannot believe how loved I am by these two fellows of mine - Tim and God.

As Kenny Rogers sang, we drove around the country block. The kids were beyond loud in the back seats - so excited after spending weeks in our tiny Nissan Sentra.

But my thoughts were on the fitting words of Kenny's song, the three red roses on my lap, and how my little hand fits so well into Tim's great big one.

And you know what?

You who posted or told me that God would give us something even better in return for what had been taken away - you were right. This newer van has all that I loved about the other van, but even more and even better.

When God and Tim get together and spoil this gal of theirs -- oh, boy, am I ever lovin' life then!


"The Lord gives and the Lord takes away. Blessed be the name of the Lord." - Job

No comments: