Saturday, March 19, 2005

The Book Meme Stick

I received the “Book Meme stick” from Karin Kyland. Here is my reply:

You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451, which book do you want to be?

I hadn't heard of Fahrenheit 451 until this questionairre. Since my up-on-things dh didn't know it either, I reserve the right to refuse to answer this question. Well, okay, I'll just say that if I could be a book, I'd want to be one cute enough to be judged by its cover.


Have you ever had a crush on a fiction character?

I've fallen in love with every single cowboy that Louis L'Amour dreamed up. Then I found my real life cowboy. Life is sweet.

The last book you bought is?

Roughing It Easy by Dian Thomas, A Unique Ideabook for Camping, Cooking, and Emergency Planning I got it for us to read as a family. I hear we can create a tin can oven and learn how to waterproof our toilet paper. Priceless information, I'm sure.

The last book you read?

Hope Rising by Kim Meeder. I am in awe of what she and her husband have done on a ranch for broken horses and broken-hearted children. It's an inspirational read.

What are you currently reading?

I'm reading the Bible, of course, and for the umpteenth time, I am reading Calm My Anxious Heart by Linda Dillow because I needed a few reminders. I'm also reading The King Arthur Flour's Baker's Companion because I read cookbooks like novels...then they sit and sit and sit, waiting for me to use them as they were meant to be used.


Five books I would take to a deserted island:

1. The Bible, one of those with the original text and several translations in it, in leather of course

2. Roughing It Easy, so I'd know how to boil water should a paper cup float ashore

3. A blank journal

4. A blank journal

5. A blank journal (who knows how long I'll be stranded?)

Who are you going to pass this on to?

Whoever reads this and chooses to do the same. If you do this meme, please mention it in the comments.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fahrenheit 451 (I think I have this number right, but am now not sure) is a novel by Ray Bradbury set in a future where everyone watches large TVs and books are illegal. Firemen are men who find and burn illegal books. The name comes from the temperature at which paper spontaneously combusts. I read the novel back when I was in high school.