Thursday, March 03, 2005

"I am Poor and Needy"

I love this verse of David's:

"But I am poor and needy;
Yet the Lord thinks upon me.
You are my help and my deliverer;
Do not delay, O my God." (Psalm 40:17, NKJV)

I love it that David was poor and needy, as I have been in my life. I love it that God thinks about me no matter where I am in life.

Take comfort that the Lord "thinks upon you." He thinks about you, even little ol' you who might otherwise feel insignificant or needy.

Maybe you feel that you are no one of consequence, poor, homely (I doubt it!), and that you got the short end of the stick when it came to brains.

Still, the God of all the Universe is thinking about you. That's something!

David says, "Do not delay" to God. Sometimes God seems snail-slow when it comes to dishing out the blessings.

If that's the case for you, ask God to hurry it up a bit. He just might agree, or - watch out for this - He might change your perspective. Maybe you are not as poor or needy (or as homely!) as you thought you were.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

just stopping in to say hi and enjoying your writings,, say a late happy birthday to the birthday gal. huggles Marilyn Christine

Lori Seaborg said...

I said Happy Birthday to her for you, Marilyn Christine! She needs a bit of sweetness in her life right now. She is becoming too spoiled by one and all!

Tonya Roberts said...

One of your lovliest postings yet. A poignant reminder that God truly does think about and on each and every one of us. I know that He has a wonderful new vehicle just waiting for you. Just trust and wait upon the Lord. Love and miss you dearly. Tonya

Lori Seaborg said...

Tonya - God even thinks about people who move to Arizona, far from us. Hope you're all doing well under your God-thoughts!