Thursday, March 24, 2005

Heard in Our House - March 24, 2005

***
"I try to be strong, but sometimes I just can't be strong." ~ our 7yo daughter, after getting teary when she permanently botched her art project at homeschool group time today

***
"And Daddy, and Popo, Amen!" ~ our just-turned-two daughter, with her hands folded, without prompting. She loves the men in her life!

***
"I have to give you 5 hugs and 5 kisses every night, and I have to give you 5 'I love yous, too!'" ~ our 5yo boy who, since his January birthday, is still very excited to be 5 whole years old and does everything possible in multiples of five

***
"Am I bothering you? I think I might be bothering you, and I don't like it when I'm bothering people." ~ 7yo daughter to me while we are gardening this evening

"Oh, no! I like being with you. You're never a bother." ~ me, to 7yo

"No, sometimes I'm a bother."

"Never," I say.

"Sometimes I think I might be. Am I ever a bother?" she asks.

"Well...you're kind of being a bother when you keep asking if you're a bother."

"Yeah, I thought I was bothering you."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My sweet Britty...it all sounds so much like her!! She is strong and a tough little one as she has had all of her ear problems!! A bother, NO never!!
Love you