Wednesday, February 23, 2005

The Cure for Frustration

I have not been having my morning God time.

I've been frustrated for the past couple of weeks with the housework (it seems to be multiplying), with my fatigue (always tired), with the children (who are always needing things like meals and clean socks), with Tim (who needs clean jeans for work, how dare he), with writing (because I'm not doing it), with the homeschooling (guilt consumes me here) and with the animals (who need food every day instead of when I randomly feel like giving it to them).

In short, I've been annoyed and frustrated.

I've found that if I start my day out with God time -- a consistent God time, a time that is scheduled as if Jesus were sitting in my rocking chair in the library, waiting for me to join Him -- then the rest of the day goes much smoother.

Things get done, jeans get clean, animals are enjoyed, the children are happier, dh gets spoiled, I am less tired because I am more scheduled, and I am less frustrated with all the Earth and every person in it.

Sure, trouble still comes, but it is more tolerable because of the time with God where Scriptures have been memorized and praises have been sung.

Most amazingly to me, the little annoyances almost disappear.

With a song in my heart and a verse in my head, I'm not as upset about things like sticky tables or playdough in the carpet. My eternal perspective improves.

Have you had your time with God today?

I am committing to finish out this week with a consistent God time at 6:30am. I'll keep you posted on whether or not it improves my disposition. I hope so (and I know my family really hopes so!).

4 comments:

Lori Seaborg said...

"Dont' wrestle, nestle." I just love that! Thanks for posting, HerWryness (you make me smile everytime I write your blogger name)

Sandra said...

Your post sounded pretty much like my life. The constant struggles with trying to balance a house, kids and husband and God.
We get so caught up in materialistic things and our hectic schedules that we put God on the back burner. That in turn just causes more chaos in my life.
I'm going to commit myself to getting up 30 minutes earlier so that I can have that alone time to read the scriptures, pray, devotional etc.
Thanks for a great post :)

Anonymous said...

Great message!! As I sit here and read your posting, I cry. I'm so frustrated with things in my life. Some of what you addressed and additional things. However, I think about what you mention regarding time with God and that be are gate way to peace throught out our day. I raise most of the mornings given thanks for another day but is that really time? No. I need to spend more time with God. Seeking his face, Glory, and wisdom on how to deal with everyday sturggles. Thank you so much for your message of time with God. It trully blessed my soul!

Anonymous said...

Anon -- Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means a lot to me when a post I've written from a year ago (or three in this case) means something to someone. I love it that we have the internet to keep our words in case God can use them in the future. God bless!

(p.s. I have a new blog, at http://justpurelovely.typepad.com)