Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Today

Reading....Thrush Green by Miss Read

Feeling...lousy with tonsillitis. I get it when I'm too worn out. Time for rest!

Writing...an outline for a book that I will propose to editors next week

Enjoying...today's perfect Gulf Coast weather - blue skies, 70 degrees

Laughing...at 5yo Stone. I asked him if a mark on his belly itches today, wondering if it was a rash. He said, "Sometimes it itches, but not now." A moment later, he is scratching his belly all over and says, "Oh! My skin remembered to itch!"

Uploading...2 photos of our river, one upstream and one downstream. You'll see what Hurricane Ivan did, mean ol' fella. Look below.

Catching...our baby chick, who is now a teenager and escaped his/her pen.

Scolding...the neighbor's dog, Santana, who was eying our teenager chick escapee.

Watching...tonight's American Idol tryouts - they crack me up! - and Alias, one of the only 2 shows I let myself watch on a regular basis ("24" is the other)

Loving...God who gave me this day and this family.

What are you doing?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alias and 24 are my 2 regular shows, too. I have to confess that I have seen every single episode of Alias (had to tape some of them.) However, I don't visit the website I've heard about or do anything like that! My daughter likes American Idol, but we don't watch every episode.
Karin

Lori Seaborg said...

Karin: I only like the tryouts to American Idol. They are just too funny! I also usually watch the last few episodes. I even find myself voting at the end. The person I vote for usually gets 2nd place, though. :(

shannon said...

Yes . . . American Idol tryouts. You have to wonder, "Don't these people have any loved ones bold enough to block the door? Who would let their friend/son/daughter go make a fool of themselves like that?" :) Of course, it IS very entertaining.

I laughed at the escaping chick--we call our that-age chickens "teenager chickens" too. :)

shannon @ wind scraps