Tuesday, April 12, 2005

My Day Today - April 12, 2005

Scheduling...my days on paper, but my life is not cooperating with the schedules I make

Rescheduling...my schedule when the last one didn't work, then rescheduling again...and again. Life is random with 4 children in the home.

Enjoying...a visit from my brother Calvin, his perfect wife, Jenny, and my adorable neice and nephew.

Missing...our Stone when he visited his cousin for 5 nights last week. He's only 5, so he said, " I missed-ed you." I missed-ed him, too.

Going...to a fantastic women's conference last Friday and Saturday nights, put on by Extraordinary Women and hosted in my home church, Olive Baptist Church of Pensacola, Florida.

Chatting...until midnight in an Applebee's restaurant over coffee and fried cheesecake (with ice cream!) with two friends, my sister-in-law, and my mom. Memories!

Laughing...at Jenny's joke:

A woman is standing in front of a mirror and says to her husband,
"I look fat. My belly is sagging. My neck is getting wrinkled.
Look! Even my backside is getting larger."

Her husband says, "Well, at least nothing is wrong with your eyesight."

Remembering...at the women's conference, that my life matters so much to God.

So does yours!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Lori keep blogging!!! You are the best! We were a tad bit silly weren't we??
Love you

Shannon said...

Lori, You make me smile. Thanks for sharing You online. Reading your blog lightens my world and lets me know that I am not the only one out there scheduling and re-scheduling. Though the idea of woman's conference and laughter with friends sounds very appealing. I must do something about that. Take Care!

Peg said...

I think I definitely need to eat fried cheesecake on my 40th birthday. That sounds really sinful!