Friday, April 22, 2005

Growing Up

Last week, Brittany (7) wanted to spend every minute of her day with me, in special Mother-Daughter time, but this week she is visiting her cousins and when I called to tell her goodnight, she scarcely had the time for a phone conversation. She said she's not really missing me much and could I please not come to get her tomorrow.

Brenden (9) will sometimes go to bed without remembering to give me a hug. Stone (5) gives me 5 hugs and 5 kisses every night. He will not sleep without them. I remember when Brenden had to have those hugs and kisses, too.

Who told these children that they could stop needing me so much?!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Missing you on the group- keep checking just to see if u did peek in:-), coming face to face with motherhood is one of those realities that we all get to or have gone through but be assured they really do miss us:-) hope to hear from you soon

Peg said...

My son L (9) very rarely gives me hugs and kisses or tells me he loves me. The other night I told him I loved him (like I do every night) and I said, "Do you love me?" He said, "Duh, Mom, but don't make a big deal about it." I made a huge deal about it!!!!! We are making progress!!!!!!

Renee said...

I have a Brenden too! I don't hear the name often!:-)