Monday, May 30, 2005

Heard in Nana's House

Our boys are sleeping over at Nana and Popo's house for two nights. Here is the email my mom just sent about our boys (ages 9 and 5):

"At supper tonite Brenden [9yo] didn't want to eat very much and wanted to leave almost immediately....I told him to stay at the table for awhile until we were finished. I then realized that he probably wanted to watch TV.....and he said, "Nana, there is a new TV show that I reallly want to watch..."

"Brenden, you will be hungry later so eat some more"

"Nana, can I give you one of my candies so I can go??" [my kid bribing?? the shock!]

"No, Brenden you can wait a little longer, until Popo finishes." (I didn't make him wait THAT long....)

Then he started getting teary eyed over the whole thing....

His little brother, Stone, [5yo] looked over at him and said, "He is thinking that he likes Popo better than you, Nana."

WOULD you believe it?? We all cracked up at that one and Brenden quickly forgot he was teary eyed.....and a few minutes later he did get to watch his show!!

Ah.........the life of a 9 year old and a 5 year old!!! Fun!!! Thought you would enjoy my little story of your angels and nephews..