Monday, November 28, 2005

A Little Extra Cash

If you want to make a little extra cash, and if you enjoy blogging and don't mind copying and pasting your blog posts from Blogger to another site every day......

...you might want to check out Writing Up, a blogging community which was started by two computer and marketing guys. It's free (as is just about everything I do online), and isn't any kind of "sign up," really. You're just creating a blog, just like you did here at Blogger.


How will you make money, then? Google Ads will be placed on your blog there. That's something I've been doing here for a couple of months (see mine on the right column, scroll down -- oh, and click on them so I get a few pennies!). You'll get the revenue from the ads.

What ads will be on your site? I was worried about this when I first signed up to place Google ads on this site. But the ads are based on content. In other words, the ads change all the time based on what you wrote. I have gotten ads from the American Red Cross and Martha White flour and Super Target. Usually, the ads are so great that I find myself visiting the sites! Your ads will not be on the shady side, unless you are writing that way. I once got an ad for meeting singles. I didn't want that ad on my site, so I simply went to Google Adsense and blocked that ad from being on my site.


I'm a huge skeptic when it comes to "make money from home" opportunities, because there are too many scammers out there. But I did create a simulcast blog at Writing Up, because I already know that Google Ads are a fine way to make a few dollars each month (I'm getting around $50 a month between Writing Up and this blog's ads but I've just started, so that should really increase), and because all I have to do is write a blog here at Blogger, like normal, and then copy and paste it at the Writing Up site.


A no-brainer way to make a passive income. That is sooo my style!

How do you get started?

1. Click on my Google Adsense banner (in the right column) and create a Google Adsense account. This is easy to do and - of course - free.

2. Go to Writing Up (click on the name anywhere in this blog) and create a blog there. It's free and very quick to do.

3. Blog every day and wait a little while for it all to kick in. Once it does, you should be getting a little revenue each month (note: Google pays you each time you reach $100, so you'll have to wait until you get to that point before you get your first payment).

by Lori Seaborg


Use the links above to check it out and let me know what you think.


by Lori Seaborg

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool. I think I got started. I think I'm at www.writingup.com/Monika

Anonymous said...

It would be nice if you would go there and tell me if it worked!

Lori Seaborg said...

Monika, Your blog looks great!