Wednesday, November 09, 2005

A Few Favorite Books

I just love reading book lists from others. I don’t like to buy a book unless I already know it is good, or at least was recommended from a trusted source. Below are a few of the books that I most adore. Click on the links to see the book online:



This is a beautiful book, full of beautiful photographs. I think this book may be directly responsible for my deep desire to one day have goats (a dream that came true only last week when I acquired two angora does). I love the simple living of Tasha Tudor, who insists on living as if it is still the 19th Century.



Mrs. Sharp’s Traditions is full of Victorian-style traditions and rituals that a family may do for holidays or special days. I pull out the book and browse through it at least once a month, looking for new ideas to make days special. Because of this book, our family now celebrates St. Nicholas Day in early December, which leaves Christmas Day all to Jesus.



I’ve found this book easy to understand. I was able to teach myself how to knit through the book. When I saw a fellow homeschooler knitting one day, I asked her to make sure I was doing it right. I was! With this book, one starts out learning to knit and progresses into more difficult projects through the book. By the end, you’ll be designing your own knitted project.

No comments: