Friday, June 24, 2005

Today, June 24, 2005

Returning... from our trip up North, to Chicago, over to St. Louis, then back to the Gulf Coast.

Wishing...that our 9-year-old boy would not have decided to turn 10 years old last week.

Watching...the fun Tim, my dh, had while in Chicago, his hometown, with his brothers and his friends. We do need to visit more often...just not ever in Winter!

Writing...an article when I got back for The Old Schoolhouse, a homeschooling magazine. My deadline was Friday and lemme tell you, I do feel "dead" after trying to accomplish that so soon after our long trip!

Wondering...why there was an extra chicken in our pen when we returned home. Our chickens were turned loose during Tropical Storm Arlene, so we wonder if she just somehow found our pack and joined them back in the coop. She's a mystery, but since she's a good egg layer, we're just going to call her "Welcome, Arlene."

Feeling just a little unworthy of all the new members to my newsletter email list. Over 25 just this week! If you want to add to my feeling of unworthiness, send an email to KeepingtheHome-subscribe@yahoogroups.com . I send a newsletter out roughly monthly on homemaking topics. If you hate Yahoo mail, just wait a few days and I'll post another invitation to a new listserve I'm going to use.

Missing...the Deep South while I was gone, but missing all of you even more. For some reason, everyone we visited was in the Dark Pre-Internet Ages, and I could not access the 'Net. I feel blind when I cannot see my email.

I'm glad to be back!

5 comments:

Tonya Roberts said...

Welcome home, Lori! I missed you while you were gone! Glad to see you blogging again!

Peg said...

Hey Lori - my sweet nine year old turned ten last week too (On the 20th - see my post)! I wish time would slow down (just a little bit). Glad your back! Do you love Chicago? My favorite city so far!

Peg said...

Ooops - forgot to tell you that I tagged you!

Lori Seaborg said...

Tonya, thanks for the welcome home. It's good to back, and even better to be back online!

Peg, I read your blog. That's not cool, having one turn 13 and one turn 10 around the same time! I love Chicago. San Diego is still my favorite city, but Chicago is second! Seattle third. Hope nobody is getting offended! I just probably haven't been to your fav. city!

Anonymous said...

Lori,
I found the comment box. Thanx for the email. Hope you get to writing more blog soon. Bet the first week back is crazy...LOL