Friday, September 02, 2005

We Need Bibles for the Refugees

There is an urgent need for Bibles for the refugees.

I certainly don't think FEMA will be passing those out! LOL! So, we can do it!

We can distribute Bibles throughout the Alabama Gulf Coast, which includes two of Alabama's largest counties. Hundreds of refugees from Mississippi and Louisiana are in our shelters.

We can pass out Bibles, if you can get them to us.

The refugees left their homes with few or no belongings.

Send Bibles via Media Mail to:

Tim and Lori Seaborg
18930 Highland Drive
Fairhope, AL 36532


Or, go to Amazon and have Bibles shipped directly to me.


Thank you so much for helping!

God bless,

Lori Seaborg
(of the Keeping the Home blog and Hurricane Katrina blog)

5 comments:

Kate said...

Lori - I was thinking this the other night as I was gathering items to send to you.

I had already picked up 3 of our extra Bibles and 1 childrens Bible and put them in the box, when the thought of a "Bible Drive."

So glad you posted this - I was thinking I'd email our church loop to see if I could get extras to mail you in the box.

Kate

Lori Seaborg said...

Thanks a million, Kate!

Jimmy said...

Lori, I found you through Shannon's site and have the same thoughts. I have so many Bibles (probably ten)here at home in such good condition and even have key verses already underlined. Can you use those...again, they are in excellent condition and several different translations. I'm also sure my Bible Study class at church could help with us. If so, could you email me and let me know how to get them to you? My email is jaydcochran@yahoo.com .....website www.beinggods.blogspot.com.

May God continue to bless your efforts and hold all of you in that area in His powerful loving arms.
Jimmy

Jimmy said...

Ooops! Just reread your post and saw the mailing address. If you still have need, I will be sending Bibles out this week.
Be Gods!
Jimmy

Anonymous said...

Hi Lori,
I just read your post and I'm wondering if Bibles are still needed? If so, I will ship a case to you from IBSDirect as soon as you confirm the need. Please let me know.

In Christ's Love,
Lauren